Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ben Gurion Airport - Part 2

So...as I was saying yesterday.

I was standing in the queue to check in for my flight...I gave myself plenty of time so the flight was only three hours later.

There I am standing in the queue minding my own business when I was pulled from the queue by an Israeli security officer...when I later asked him why he picked me he said I looked suspicious (some of you might agree). I was taken into a room for questioning...well actually it was more an interrogation than questioning.

They interrogated me about my whereabouts...where I went and why, with whom, for how long, and for every answer I gave I had to prove it with photos and receipts and also every answer I gave resulted in another set of questions. Then another security person would enter the room and ask the same questions again whilst the first security person disappeared with my passport. No matter how innocent you are, you begin to get a bit nervous especially when they call you into another room to remove your clothes and to swab your body to check for explosives. Whilst this is going on my bags are being taken apart and also swabbed, scanned and x-rayed for who knows what.

Two and a half hours later...that's right two and a half hours later they finally let me go just in time to catch my flight.

Don't mess with Israeli security!


- Posted from my iPad

Location:Roodekrans

No comments:

Post a Comment